Splash @ Kidz Amaze at SAFRA Punggol - Singapore's first indoor water playground - is officially opening its doors to the public on 26 April 2016! And judging from the brief moment I was there, I think it is safe to say that kids will have a splashing good time.
Located at 9 Sentul Crescent, SAFRA Punggol is a 6-minute walk from Punggol MRT station and a minute away from Sam Kee LRT station.
The inspiration of the cascading architectural design of SAFRA Punggol comes from the natural slope seen on part of the land where the club is built, with the club designed to integrate seamlessly with the adjacent Punggol Waterway Park to retain the naturalistic ambience.
And speaking of water and fun, having a waterpark within its grounds is a sure-fire way to guarantee a blast among families with young kids.
If you are already familiar with the Kidz Amaze Indoor Playgrounds at SAFRA Jurong and SAFRA Toa Payoh, then the newly-opened Splash @ Kidz Amaze will bring a new level of excitement for the kids!
With an ‘Enchanted Deep Sea’ theme, the mega three-storey facility is equipped with fun and interactive water play elements that are suitable for kids of all ages.
Spanning 23,000 square feet, the water playground boasts eight play decks, five slides and a themed splash pad.
Oh, and a giant water bucket too. Because a water playground just isn't one without one of those.
The main difference between Splash @ Kidz Amaze and other water playgrounds for kids is parents are encouraged to go on the slides with the kids. To promote family bonding and playing together as a family, parents are allowed to join in the fun at the main play structure with their kids.
And from the looks of it, parents are relishing it!
While the main water play structure is recommended for kids aged 6 years old and above, younger kids and toddlers are not forgotten.
An entirely shaded area, with a much shallower water level, is specially reserved for younger kids including toddlers aged between 18 and 36 months.
Want a break from all the water play (though I highly doubt it)? Head to the augmented reality wall for some interactive fun!
Splash @ Kidz Amaze is also equipped with three themed party rooms - Underwater, Penguins & Pirates - to host birthday parties.
|Marine-themed Party Room|
|Penguin-themed Party Room|
|Pirate-themed Party Room|
The party rooms offer direct access to the water playground.
But the best part of Splash @ Kidz Amaze has got to be the fact that it is located indoors. Come rain or shine, scorching hot weather or thunderstorm, kids will be able to enjoy a water playground regardless to their hearts' content!
If you are planning a trip down to Splash @ Kidz Amaze, here are a few things to take note:
- The official operation commencement date is 26 Apr 2016. (The water playground is closed for maintenance on 25 April 2016)
- The water playground is closed for maintenance every third Monday of the month.
- The water temperature is constantly regulated.
- Electronic lockers are located in the changing rooms and are chargeable at: $4 (medium) and $6 (large) respectively. Coins and notes are accepted, but do prepare the exact amount as no change will be given.
- Splash does not provide towels and swimming attire. Do remember to pack those before visiting Splash.
- The shower rooms at Splash feature 2-door cubicles, extremely useful for parents who wish to keep an eye on their younger kids who are washing up on their own.
- No food and drinks are currently being sold within Kidz Amaze.
- Operating hours for Splash are as follow:
Mon - Thu: 10am - 8pm
Fri - Sun, Gazetted Public & School Holidays: 10am - 9pm
- Entrance fees are valid for entry for one entire day.
- Re-entry is not allowed.
- Admission Fees:
Personally, I think Splash @ Kidz Amaze will appeal most to kids aged below 9 and 10 years old. To older kids, the presence of only one huge water play structure may come as a little boring.
But for younger kids, I guess this water playground will be a hit with them. And for parents too, who worry about their kids being exposed to too much sun. Even better during days of wet and/or hazy weather too!
CONGRATULATIONS to the following FIVE winners! You have each won a Family Pass to Splash @ Kidz Amaze at SAFRA Punggol! Each pass is valid for 2 adults and 2 children.
1. Mabel Chua
2. Hau Yan Faith Ko
3. Cherry Joanna Heng
4. Elizabeth De Cruz
5. Dian Kristianilyn
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 July 2016 for prize collection details. Thanks!
1. LIKE Kidz Amaze's Facebook page HERE.
2. SHARE a fond memory that you had with your family or friends at any of the SAFRA Clubhouses. RECEIVE A BONUS CHANCE WHEN YOU SHARE A PHOTO MEMORY TAKEN AT A SAFRA CLUBHOUSE! Leave your comment and/or photo on our Cheekiemonkies' Facebook corresponding post HERE.
NOTE: You have to complete both steps in order to qualify for the giveaway.
Splash @ Kidz Amaze
Address: 9 Sentul Cres, Singapore 828654
Opening hours: Mon - Thu: 10am - 8pm | Fri - Sun, Gazetted Public & School Holidays: 10am - 9pm
Kids (18 months to 13 years old)
OFF-PEAK (Mon - Thurs): Kidz Amaze Member $8 | SAFRA Member $12 | Public $16
PEAK (Fri - Sun, PH & Sch Hols): Kidz Amaze Member $10 | SAFRA Member $15 | Public $20
SAFRA Member $2 | Public $5
FAMILY PACKAGE (2A & 2C)
OFF-PEAK (Mon - Thurs): Kidz Amaze Member $16 | SAFRA Member $25 | Public $35
PEAK (Fri - Sun, PH & Sch Hols): Kidz Amaze Member $20 | SAFRA Member $28 | Public $40
*To be a Kidz Amaze member, pay a one-off membership fee:
- Junior member ( SAFRA-dependant member 5 years and below) $25
- Non-member ( Non-SAFRA-dependant member 5 years and below) $65
SAFRA Punggol Party Room Packages: