In case you haven't heard about this group of racing escargots, Turbo is Dreamworks Animation's newest, sweet and unassuming little flick about a slow snail with with roaring ambitions.
And if your kids have been clamouring for a piece of Turbo and friends after they step out of the cinema, you will be relieved to know that PrimaDéli has just launched a new series of Turbo cartoon cakes, in addition to its current selection featuring Shrek, Madagascar and Kungfu Panda.
And thanks to PrimaDéli, we got a chance to savour one... and the timing was impeccable as well, with Ayd's 7th Birthday celebrations in full swing over the long weekend!
So the cake came in real handy for Ayd's cosy Birthday Party with some of his best pals and despite the fact that none of the kids had watched the movie, all of them recognised Turbo. Marketing at its best I surmise.
As with all birthday cakes, the joy in discovering the cake's design was promptly replaced by a wave of candles-snuffing enthusiasm. But of course, there was still the tiny business of making a birthday wish.
And then, it was all systems blow!
Well it turned out they know a winner when they see one because under that layer of edible icing lay wonderful rows of fluffy chocolate sponge separated by the freshest chocolate fudge filling.
And the best part? All of them asked for second helpings!
Now all we parents have to do is to make good on our promise to bring them to catch the movie in the cinemas!
Should you want a slice of the action too, you can choose from six specially designed cakes, either featuring racing star, Turbo or Turbo alongside his trusty companions – Chet, White Shadow, Whiplash and Smoove Move.
Apart from selecting their preferred Turbo cake design,you can also customise the cakes to your individual liking. PrimaDéli offers a choice of vanilla or chocolate sponge base and a complementary selection of 11 tantalising fillings to choose from – the choice of fillings for vanilla sponge includes strawberry, peach, mixed fruits, blueberry, mango or D24 Durian and the choice of fillings for chocolate sponge includes dark cherry, blueberry, hazelnut, chocolate fudge or truffle.
PrimaDeli’s range of Turbo cakes will be available at all PrimaDéli outlets islandwide from 1 August 2013 onwards. Prices for the Turbo cakes range from S$15.00 for a 300g cake to $39.80/kg for a minimum 1 kg cake. Advance order of 24hrs is required for all Turbo cakes. Please refer to the above image for more information on prices and designs.
But wait, there's more... and it's a GIVEAWAY! (CLOSED)
PrimaDéli has THREE Turbo cakes (300g each) to give away to our blog readers and all you have to do is the following:
1. Like PrimaDéli Facebook page.
2. Leave a comment on the Facebook post of this blog entry HERE and tell us what you love about PrimaDéli. It can be their wonderful cakes, tasty buns, yummy pastries... whatever you like!
3. Share this blog entry via Facebook.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The above steps must be completed to qualify.
2. Contest will close on 17 August 2013, 2359hrs and results will be announced on Facebook on 19 August 2013.
3. Giveaway is open to everyone with a valid Singapore Address for delivery. 1 winner per household address.
4. Winner must respond by 22 August 2013 on delivery details, else giveaway will be forfeited.
5. Winner will be selected randomly and cheekiemonkie's decision is final.
6. Giveaway will be a 300g TURBO cake (choice of chocolate or vanilla only).
7. All giveaways must be redeemed by 31 August 2013.
UPDATED: The RESULTS are in!
Congratulations to OSCAR CHEE, PEI CHWEN & MEI ZENG XIN! You have each won a TURBO Cake (300g) courtesy of PrimaDéli!
Kindly email me at kelvin(at)cheekiemonkie.net by 22 August 2013 with your Name and Contact Number, else the cake will be forfeited.